Conditions of use and confidential processing of personal data
aplace/antwerp (hereinafter “we”) of address Vrijdagmarkt 1, 2000 Antwerp is the owner of website www.aplaceantwerp.be. This is a public website which publishes the promotional information of aplace/antwerp.
We are proud of taking good care of our guests. Taking good care of the personal data you share with us forms an important part of this. This privacy declaration explains how we use your data to provide you with a better and inspiring user experience.
Protection of your privacy – responsible processor
aplace/antwerp is the party responsible for the processing of personal data on the website (URL WEBSITE) (hereinafter: “the Website” or www.aplaceantwerp.be) and undertakes to respect and protect the confidential nature of your personal data.
The term “confidential” processing means that we process your personal data “confidentially” in compliance with the usual statutory national and international regulations, including the Belgian act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of personal privacy (B.S., 18 March 1993), amended by the act of 11 December 1998 (B.S., 3 February 1999) and the General Data Protection Regulation when it comes into effect on 25 May 2018. So, no personal data whatsoever such as address, email, telephone and fax number, demographic information or identification details will be processed without you having given your consent for this processing and without you knowing the reason for that processing.
Recording of personal data
You are free to visit the website (URL WEBSITE) and consult all of the available information about aplace/antwerp, the products and their prices without having to give any personal data whatsoever.
Confidential processing of data
The personal data collected by aplace/antwerp is stored in a secure environment which is not accessible to the public. The file can only be accessed by a limited number of people employed by aplace/antwerp. The information will be used solely for internal purposes, linked to the accommodation.
aplace/antwerp will not generally forward personal data to third parties, except to comply with statutory obligations and in the event of a specific request by the legal authorities or the police.
In the exceptional event that aplace/antwerp forwards personal data to organisations or companies with whom aplace/antwerp cooperates, this will be stated specifically or you will be specifically asked for your CONSENT.
aplace/antwerp will NOT sell your details to third parties.
What personal data are processed?
- Category 1 (create account) The data we retain under this category are personal data, specifically your first name, surname, password, email address, telephone number, address details (street, house number, box number, postcode, district, country), date of birth, gender, your interests (in terms of holiday accommodation, activity and facilities), date of creation, date last updated, last login date, active language used to create a profile and the management of an account on the Website. Your booking history is stored on your account.
- Category 5 (accommodation booking) Your email address, arrival and departure dates, first name, surname, number of people, telephone number, message when booking accommodation via the Website.
- Category 6 (accommodation contact request) Your email address, reason, first name, surname, telephone number, message (possibly also data in category 2 if you decide to create an account and category 3 if you decide to register to receive the newsletter) for a contact request to accommodation on the Website.
- Category 7 (reviews) Your message, email address, first name, surname, location score, hygiene score, welcome score, comfort score, food score, tour company when placing a review on the Website.
- Category 8 (dynamic forms). Your first name, surname, email address, street, house number, box number, district, postcode, any competition question answer (possibly also data in category 3 if you decide to register for the newsletter) for the completion of a dynamic form (e.g. a competition form).
- Category 9 (IP-address) Your IP address, to guarantee security and availability by the host company.
- Category 10 (spam control) Your IP address, the user agent, the request address (request URL) and the referrer for the control of spam. These data are not retained beyond the request, merely the result of whether or not it is spam.
- Category 12 (personal data of others) We use the data of others which has been supplied by you, for example for the people who are on your booking. If you supply the data of others, you must be certain that they agree to this and that they consent to you providing this information. You must also ensure that they know how their personal data can be used by us, if applicable.
The reason for processing personal data (see category data referred to above)
- Category 3 and 4 The delivery and invoicing of products you have ordered, with the implementation of a contract requested by you as the legal grounds for this.
- Category 5 and 6 The booking of a holiday stay or responding to a question, with the implementation of a contract requested by you as legal grounds for this.
- Category 7 To contact you within the context of the placing of a review, with the legitimate interests of aplace/antwerp to continue to improve its Website and services as the legal grounds for this.
- Category 9 To guarantee security and availability with the legitimate interest of (ACCOMMODATION NAME) to continue to improve its Website and services as the legal grounds for this.
- Category 10 For the control of spam with the legitimate interest of aplace/antwerp to continue to improve its Website and services as the legal grounds for this.
- Category 11 To guarantee security with a view to the prevention, detection and prosecution of criminal offences with the legitimate interest of aplace/antwerp as the legal grounds for this.
- Category 12 The booking of a holiday stay or the response to a question, with the implementation of a contract requested by you as the legal grounds for this.
- Category 13 The provision and improvement of this Website and the inclusion of data in anonymous statistics, from which the identity of specific persons or companies cannot be derived, with the legitimate interest of aplace/antwerp to continue to improve its Website and services as the legal grounds for this.
Via our website a cookie is set by the American company Google, as part of the “Analytics”-service. We use this service to obtain and update reports on how visitors are using the Website. Google may supply this information to third parties if Google is statutorily obliged to do so, or in the event that the data is processed by third parties on behalf of Google. We have no influence over this. We have consented to Google using the analytics information obtained for other Google services.
The information collected by Google is anonymised where possible. Your IP address is emphatically not provided. The information is transferred to Google and stored on servers in the United States. Google states that it observes the Privacy Shield principles and is affiliated to the Privacy Shield programme of the American Department of Commerce. This means that there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of personal data.
Our Website contains buttons to enable the sharing of web pages on social networks like Facebook. These buttons work using items of code that originate from Facebook. Cookies are set using this code. We have no influence over this. Please read Facebook’s privacy declaration (which changes regularly) to read what they do with your personal data that they process via these cookies.
The information they collect is anonymised where possible. The information is transferred to Facebook and stored on servers in the United States. Facebook states that it observes the Privacy Shield principles and is affiliated to the Privacy Shield programme of the American Department of Commerce. This means that there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of personal data.
About deletion of cookies
You can find more information about the enabling/disabling and deletion of cookies in the instructions and/or using the Help function of your browser.
Some tracking cookies are set by third parties. These can be removed centrally via Your Online Choices so that they cannot be set on the website of a third party.
Other functions for social media
Our website(s) and mobile app(s) contain functions for social media such as Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest, which have their own privacy statements.
Ensure that you read their conditions and privacy statements carefully before entering your personal data; we accept no responsibility or liability for these functions.
Consent to processing
If aplace/antwerp wishes to process your personal data for other purposes or wishes to provide them to organisations or companies with which it cooperates, aplace/antwerp shall request your explicit consent to do so, which you are entitled to refuse.
These data are processed by us for the duration necessary as a result of the purposes described above.
The processing of your personal data does not consist of profiling. This implies that we DO NOT build up a profile on you based on the data you have provided to us so that we can show you appropriate advertisements and offers. However, you will not be subjected in any way to any automated decision-making process on the basis of this profile.
- Right to access and inspection
You have the right to inspect and correct any inaccurate or incomplete data that aplace/antwerp has collected about you. Furthermore, you can request that your personal data is deleted from the files of aplace/Antwerp at any time.
- Right to unsubscribe, improve, update and delete personal data
You are free to decide whether or not to share your personal data with the Website.
If you do not/no longer wish to receive communication from aplace/antwerp you can unsubscribe to receiving emails at any time (via unsubscribe) or by email email@example.com or by letter Vrijdagmarkt 1, 2000 Antwerpen, stating your name, postal address and email.
You will continue to receive service-related messages from us, such as a booking confirmation or important information about the use of our products or services.
In addition, you always have the right to request that your personal data be improved, updated or deleted. You acknowledge that by refusing to provide or requesting to delete personal data, certain products and services will not be available to you.
- Right to object
You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal details for serious and legitimate reasons.
In addition, you always have the right to object to the use of personal data for the purposes of direct marketing; in such cases you do not have to give any reasons.
- Right to free data transfer
You also have the right to obtain and/or transfer to other responsible parties the data that is processed by us in structured, accessible and machine-readable format.
- Right to withdraw consent
Provided processing is based on your previous consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
- Exercising your rights
You can exercise your rights by contacting us, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by post to Vrijdagmarkt 1, 2000 Antwerpen or by making use of the CONTACT US on the Website.
- Right to complain:
If you have a complaint, we ask you to contact directly aplace/antwerp via email@example.com or 0032 473735650. We shall take all possible measures to address your concerns about the processing of your personal data.
You have the right to submit a complaint to the Belgian Privacy Commission:
Commissie voor de Bescherming van de Persoonlijke Levenssfeer, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000
Brussel, Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35, e-mail:
This is without prejudice to a provision for a civil court.
If you suffer loss as a consequence of the processing of your personal data, you can
submit a claim for compensation.
We have developed security measures which are designed, technically and organisationally, to prevent the destruction, loss, falsifying, amendment, unauthorised access or release by mistake to third parties of personal data collected, together with any unauthorised use of those data.
We cannot be held liable in any event for any direct or indirect loss arising from the incorrect or unlawful use of personal data by a third party.
You must observe the security conditions at all times, including by preventing any unauthorised access to your login details and password. As the only person responsible for the use made of aplaceantwerp.be on your computer, IP address and your identification details, you are also responsible for their confidentiality.
Access to data
In order to be able to process your personal data, we allow our employees access to your personal data.
We guarantee an equivalent level of protection by imposing legally enforceable contractual obligations which are comparable to this Privacy Declaration on those employees and appointees.
To enable us to offer you the products and services you require, we may share your personal data with the ultimate providers of travel services, as part of package holidays.
We cooperate with carefully selected suppliers who carry out specific tasks for us (e.g. IT).
If we share personal data with other organisations, we require them to safeguard these personal data and we prevent them from using the data for their own marketing purposes.
We only share the personal data our suppliers and partners require to enable them to provide us with their services with the implementation of a contract requested by you and/or us as the legal grounds for this.
No text or images whatsoever on this Website may be reproduced without the specific consent of aplace/Antwerp.
Amendments to this Declaration
This Declaration supersedes all previous versions. We may amend this Declaration at any time, so please check our website(s) regularly for any updates. If significant amendments are made, we shall place a clear notification on our website(s) and, if applicable, also communicate the amendments electronically.
Last updated: June 2018